Saving Server Space
Don't let students upload anything!
For all assignment work, don't let the students upload any files, especially media files. This is usually the biggest culprit for making courses large.
A good way of handling this is to use Google Drive as follows
- At the beginning of the year students make a folder in their GDrive for your subject's assignments.
- They change the share settings of the folder to "Anyone with link".
- You add an assignment at the top of your course page called "Assignment Folders" where the students paste their links.
- Students upload all their assignment files to that folder.
- All assignments you add to your course allow "Online text" submission only.
- Students paste the link to their file on the assignment submission page.